Do you or someone in your family avoid dental visits due to fear or excessive anxiety? Have you missed checkups, dealt with tooth pain or other symptoms, or failed to schedule needed fillings, crowns, or other treatments because you simply can’t stand the thought of spending time in the dental chair?
You and 145 million North Americans have one thing in common: you are afraid of going to the dentist.
Sedation and Relaxation
You “No Longer” have to suffer from Dental Anxiety! You can stay calm, comfortable and in control with Conscious Sedation.
You are a candidate for Conscious Sedation if:
- You have a busy schedule and the treatment can be completed in one or two visits
- You start to get anxious when someone even mentions “The Dentist”
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- Bad gag reflex
- Complex dental problems
- A fear of needles and shots
- A hatred of noises, smells, and tastes associated with dental care
- Embarrassment about your teeth
Prior to your appointment:
- Except for water, you will have no food or drinks for 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- The night before your appointment you will take a mild sedative to help you get a good nights sleep.
- Just prior to your treatment, you will take a different medication in tablet form, that will relieve nervous tension.
- You cannot drive, so arrange for a companion to drop you off at your appointment.
The day of your appointment:
- Treatment only begins once your are relaxed, and we will offer you more medication should you require more sedation.
- An assistant will be with you at all times, and your pulse and blood pressure will be monitored constantly.
After your sedation dentistry treatment:
- Your companion will escort you from the office.
- You will need to take the rest of the day off from work.
- You will have little or no memory of your appointment.
- Use caution and ask for assistance when needed, since diminished balance may affect your abilities (e.g., with stairs).
Sedation Dentistry allows even the most fearful to get comfortable dental care and experience Restored Chewing, Improved Appearance, an End to Embarrassment, and an increase in Self- Confidence.
Today Sedation Dentistry is the best method of getting your care completed. Because of the technique’s proven success, it is recommended for those who truly are desperate to get comfortable and be dentally healthy again, but regrettably have had to put things off simply because they didn’t know there was a solution. Because of proven success, sedation dentistry is the answer to dental fear.
NuCalm: Drug-Free Relaxation Dentistry
We have had great results with traditional sedation dentistry, but many of our patients want a sedation alternative that does not involve drugs.
NuCalm is a new technology that uses neuroscience to help you relax in the dental chair without drugs or gas.
You don’t have to do anything before you come to your appointment, and NuCalm takes less than five minutes to administer. NuCalm uses four simple elements to help you achieve a relaxed state:
- All-natural supplements
- Microcurrent stimulation patches
- Noise-dampening headphones that deliver relaxing sounds
- Light-blocking glasses that shut out the bright dental light
These four elements work together to reduce or eliminate your dental anxiety. This video explains how they work in more detail.
When your procedure is finished, you can leave immediately and drive away with no wait for drugs or chemicals to clear your system. NuCalm is so effective and convenient, 95% of patients who have used NuCalm say they will use it again on their next dental visit, and 98% say they would recommend NuCalm to friends and family.
If you have been told during dental treatment that you would “just have to deal with it” or were treated as if your fear was something you had control over and it was your problem instead of the dentist’s to find you a solution to dental fear, you should come in and see us. We can always figure out ways that sedation dentistry can solve anxiety and dread so you can have comfortable care with today’s techniques.
With our sedation dentistry technique, you can improve your smile with virtually any treatment we offer, including:
- Porcelain veneers
- Smile makeover
- Porcelain crowns
- Porcelain fillings
- TMJ treatment
- Headache/migraine treatment
- Dental implants
Fearful patients can’t afford to ignore their dental health any longer! The links between dental health and overall body health are strong, and ignoring your teeth and gums could have serious consequences.
Discover the soothing sedation dentistry option for any dentistry procedure that causes you stress. Call (912) 234-8282 or email our experienced smile makeover dentists at Durham today for your sedation dentistry consultation.